A continuation from episode 8- Master Virtual Selling, episode 9 builds on your virtual impression and how to score well at it.
Celebrity master personal branding consultant, Joshua Luke continues selecting lucky viewers who joined in the live talk show and brought them online to give them personalised advice on their skin tone, and shared what range of colours best suit them.
Special guest Agnes Ng, Asia’s Rookie Agency Leader 2018, who has since been promoted to Financial Services Director said, “Virtual meetings are here to stay. CoVid-19 has changed the world. We definitely hope we can go back to face-to-face - meetings with our clients, conducting our training sessions and coaching - as the social interactions and human touch cannot be replaced. However, virtual meetings will co-exist with us in the future, so, either you’re on board, or you get left behind.”
With that, she shared a checklist of 10 items on how to create a fantastic virtual impression.
Timestamp: 7m 40s
- Good Lighting: be at a section of your house that has good sunlight cast on yourself. Alternatively, you can get a ring light to cast more light on your face.
- Choose a real background: Some may opt for a virtual background, but Agnes prefers not to use an image for her background. “Everyone’s working from home, so it’s relatable to have your own room as a background. This also helps to put both client and yourself on the same page.”
- Stable WIFI connection: Agnes advises that you should hold your virtual meetings in the strongest spot in the house, however if that’s not feasible, use a WIFI extender to ensure you can still receive and connect clearly with clients regardless of where you are at home.
- Look professional: For ladies, a little tint or colour on your lips to bring life to your face. For men, gel your hair up to look neat.
- Dress up: Dressing up can switch your mentality and prepare you for work. This way you’d find yourself more productive when you’re in the mode for work. Agnes dons a suit whenever she meets her team online. “You create an impression on your team that you’re ready and prepared. And because you bothered to dress up, this energy gets transmitted through the virtual meeting to your team.”
- Ensure web camera is at eye level: Ensure you position your iPad, phone or laptop at eye level.
- Look into the camera: Ensure that you’re looking into the camera so that your clients can see that you’re looking straight at them.
- Microphone: wireless or wired? Agnes prefers wired microphone as the connection is better and there’s greater confidence that it doesn’t get disconnected.
- Speak at a comfortable level: Do not raise your voice just because you think you sound far away. You do not want your clients to think that you’re yelling at them. Always do a voice check and ask if your clients can hear you properly.
- Surprise your clients: You can take your relationship one step further by arranging food delivery to your clients and team mates.
More on Agnes Ng:
3 tips to achieve your year-end goal - Agnes Ng, Rookie Insurance Agency Leader of the Year 2018
2018 Rookie Insurance Agency Leader of the Year Agnes Ng shares her leadership philosophy
Since the early days of #MunchwithJenandBen, Coach Joshua had been a strong advocate and has emphasised that “online presence is an extension of your offline branding”. Sharing more on dressing for virtual branding, Joshua conducted a live virtual skin tone analysis for a few lucky members from the audience whom he gave advice based on their skin tone.
Timestamp: 21m 15s
Here are some takeaways from his lesson today.
Skin tone: People will either have a cool or warm skin tone. If you are neither cool nor warm, you’ll fall into the neutral zone. How do you tell what skin tone do you have? According to Joshua, if you think you look better in pure white, pink and black, you most likely have a cool skin tone. If you look better in off-white, brown and orange, then you most likely have a warm skin tone.
One other method to identify your skin tone is to look at the veins. Are your veins greenish or blue/purplish in colour? If your veins look greenish, you may have warm skin tone. For Blue/Purplish, you may have a cool skin tone. If you can’t tell, you may fall under the neutral skin tone.
Timestamp: 46m 05s
Decoding a tanner skin, Joshua pulled co-host Ken’s picture up for analysis. Using grey and bronze as colour plates for decoding ken’s colour tone, Joshua pointed out that Ken looks better in grey, thus cool skin tone.
Stay tuned to us and come online every Tuesday at 9pm SGT on https://www.facebook.com/jensensiawinternational/. Stay safe, safe sane and stay home! See you soon.
Find us interesting and want to watch more? Here are the past episodes:
#MunchwithJenandBen- Ep 8- Master Virtual Selling with Wilson Tan and Edwina Woo. Despite the CoVid-19 situation, both are successful in virtual selling and more than willing to share their step-by-step guide with the audience.
#MunchwithJenandBen- Ep 7- Leaders lead the way features three established leaders in the industry to share with you how they are dealing with the CoVid-19 and pandemic situation, and how they continue to maintain their business and keep their team motivated to reach their MDRT goals. Watch this episode to hear tips and insights from Jong Thian Lung, Calvin Lee, and Melvin Toh.
#MunchwithJenandBen – Ep 6- catching up good times spots a more relaxed and light hearted talk show between the zoomies. Special guest invited is a familiar face on the show- Coach Joshua Luke. He brings good tips and advice on improving your virtual branding as well as how to look good in front of the camera.
#MunchwithJenandBen - Ep 5 - is this year "lost"? with special video clips from Delia Wong, Country Chair of MDRT Singapore, Eric Seah, Inspirational Leader of the Year finalist, and MDRT Qualifying Member Helen Goo & her daughter Annabel.
#MunchwithJenandBen - episode 4 - Rolling with the punches with co-hosts International Motivational Speaker Jensen Siaw, Asia Advisers Network Editor Benjamin Ang and Munch Munch boss Ken Kish
#MunchwithJenandBen - episode 3 - Creating magic in your life with Jaslyn Ng, Asia's Top 5 Rookie Insurance Agent 2019, a high-flying HR Director-turned-COT producer, and Edmund Khong, one of only four World Master Clowns in the world
#MunchwithJenandBen- episode 2- Cooking up a Storm! with Joshua Luke, an award winning entrepreneur and celebrity master branding consultant, and Leslie Koh a financial practitioner who has a strong culinary passion and has had many of his cooking recipes gone viral online.
Munch with Jen & Ben - Episode 1 with Jason Tan, Leads Generation Architect and Tay Kah Lok, Executive Financial Consultant.
Join co-hosts Jensen, Benjamin and Ken every Tuesday at 9pm (Sg time) .
#MunchwithJenandBen is produced by Jensen Siaw International in collaboration with Asia Advisers Network and Munch Munch.
For those who would like to make a special guest appearance on the talk show, reach out to Connect@AsiaAdvisersNetwork.com or Gladys@AsiaInsuranceReview.com to find out how!