At its recent 26th annual general meeting (AGM), the Financial Services Managers Association (FSMA) announced newly elected members of its Management Committee for 2022/2023.
Heading the committee is President Michael Chen who will be assisted by three Vice Presidents – Hux Lim, Kurt Ng and Leonard Chen, as well as Honorary Secretary Royce Goh, Honorary Treasurer Sean Tan and Immediate Past President Andy Law.
Making up the rest of the committee are Eric Ang, Patrick Koh, Leslie Ng, Sakthivel Thevar and Champ Tan.
Speaking at the AGM, Mr Chen outlined five areas which he would like the association to focus on:
- Education: The association will encourage members to upskill themselves by attending the Agency Management Training Course (AMTC), Pacesetter, AES, and MAPS which lead to the Chartered Insurance Agency Manager (CIAM) certification. The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) currently funds these courses.
- Membership: FSMA membership currently stands at about 1,440 members, making up about 55% of the industry leaders in Singapore. The association aims to drive this number up. In addition, FSMA has set up its Customer Relations Management (CRM) system to enhance engagement with members.
- Digital presence: The association targets to increase its presence on social media, namely Facebook, LinkedIn, and its official website.
- Singapore Management Awards: With the recent easing of Covid-19 measures, a physical event for this award night might be possible and the committee will work towards this, keeping a lookout for developments for onsite rules. The committee hopes that members will participate in this award night which recognises their contribution to the industry.
- Singapore Agency Managers' Conference: The committee will continue to invite curated speakers to share their best practices.
Mr Chen took the opportunity to thank the Management Committee, saying that with the strong team, he is sure that it will add more value to FSMA members.